Thursday, June 22, 2006

My New PC: The Video Card

I was expecting the choice of graphics card to be one of the hardest to make. I had narrowed the search to the NVIDIA line when I selected my motherboard. But there are still a lot of manufacturers and models to choose from.

Just when I was starting my research, I came across this article at Tom's Hardware: the Gigabyte 7600 with SilentPipe II.

This article answered all of my questions. A side goal of my PC build is to finally eliminate the noisiest pc in our house. Low noise, good value and good performance are the key selling points of this card, making it line up exactly with my wish list. The fact that the fanless system handles cooling better than most of it's noisey piers make it a no-brainer for me.

Choice made, Graphics Card: Gigabyte Silent-Pipe II 7600 GT ( at Newegg)

Tags: , , ,

No comments: